My daughter Emmalie is quite enamored with two people: Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. They just so happen to be dating :) Anyways, when I found out that she was coming to a city near us, I bought tickets for her and I to go and kept it a secret from her. This was way back in August and it was extremely difficult to keep the event a secret because I knew how badly she wanted to go.
Initially, we decided not to say a word to her, but to just show up at the concert. Well, everyone wanted me to get it on video, so we told her at my aunt and uncle's house. Her reaction? Totally not what I expected. She screamed, threw the tickets and burst into tears. I think she was pretty overwhelmed. :) So, we hopped into the van and were dropped off at the arena. She got a t-shirt and a light stick as did her friend, and then we went to find our seats.
Here are the girls anxiously awaiting the start of the concert.
The opening acts were ok, but Em was pretty anxious to see Selena and kept asking when it was going to be over, lol. Finally, the moment she had been waiting for.
It was a pretty decent concert, I was a little disappointed that Justin Bieber didn't make an appearance as he was in town to visit Selena, but it was still a lot of fun.
The girls sang along, jumped, danced and waved their little light sticks like mad.
I like that Selena Gomez has a very positive message, she was very gracious at the concert, thanking the audience for supporting her, telling the young girls to believe in themselves and follow their dreams and not to let anyone tell them they can't do something. I also completely appreciate that she has not gone the route of some other Disney stars and I don't think she will in the future. It's definitely refreshing to have a positive celebrity female role model for Emmalie.
Anyhow, Emmalie and I both had a fantastic time and we're both looking forward to our next concert!
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment